|The Girls on their return home|
PRESS STATEMENT BY THE FAMILY OF ENGR. SAMSON OPALUWAH ON THE ABDUCTION OF THEIR TWO DAUGHTERS
I, on behalf of my wife, children and the entire Opaluwah family, wishes to express our profound gratitude to God for his grace in bringing back our lovely children, Ejura (24) and Unekwu (19) Opaluwah from captivity. On the 8th of June 2014, I was robbed together with my family and our two daughters were abducted.
This incidence took us through a very harrowing experience that is beyond imagination. With the help of the Almighty God and the goodwill of men and women all over the world who prayed, fasted and held vigils ceaselessly, our daughters were released in the morning of Tuesday, 17th June 2014 unhurt and unharmed.
I therefore wish to express our appreciation to all, especially to the Nigerian Security Agencies, who have helped in one way or the other to bring this nightmare to an end.
Particularly, our sincere gratitude must be made to the following people and organisations:
1. His Excellency, the President, Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria,
Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCFR
2. My Paramount Ruler, the Attah Igala,
HRM Michael Ameh Oboni II and the good people of Igala Kingdom.
3. The Hon. Minister of Works, Arc. Mike Onolememen fnia,fnse
4. The Hon. Minister of State for Works, Ambassador Bashir Yuguda
5. The Supervising Minister, Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs, Arc. Darius Ishaku fnia,fnitp
6. The Head of Civil Service of the Federation, Alhaji Bukar Goni Aji, OON
7. The National Security Adviser, Alhaji Sambo Dasuki
8. The Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Works, Dr. Abubakar Koro Mohammed, OON, the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Interior, Mrs. Fatima B. Bamidele, and other Federal Permanent secretaries
9. The Inspector-General of Police, Alhaji M. D. Abubakar
10. The Director-General, State Security Service, Prison Service & Heads of other Security agencies
11. The Head of Living Faith Church Worldwide, Bishop David Oyedepo
12. The President of Evangelical Church Winning All (ECWA), Rev.Dr. Jeremiah Gado and members of ECWA worldwide
13. The Senior Pastor,Associate Pastors, Elders and members of ECWA Wuse 11, Abuja
14. Pastors and members of Baptist Churches in Idah, Kogi State
15. Provost,Staff and student of ECWA Theological Seminary, Igbaja, Kwara State
16. Staff and Students of Spartan Health Sciences University, St. Lucia, West Indies
17. Pro-Chancellor, Staff and Students of Covenant University, Ota. Ogun State
18. Vice-Chancellor, Staff and Students of Birmingham University, Karu, Abuja
19. Principal,Staff and Students of Bethany Academy, Barkin Ladi, Plateau State
20. Members of the Church of Christ Universal
21. The President and members of the Nigeria Society of Engineers
22. The President and members of the Nigeria Institute of Building
23. Our families, friends and all well-wishers.
24. The Fourth Estate of the Realm most especially operators of the social media
As a Christian family, our prayer is that God Almighty visit our country and renders the circumstances that made possible this type of ordeal a thing of the past in our nation.
We re-affirm our love and commitment to God, and to the service of our country, and further pray for a more secure and prosperous Nigeria.
Thank you all.
Engr. Samson Ameh Opaluwah fnse,fnice, fniob